Monday, January 7, 2008

Off.

Saturday morning, I decided to do something I don't do enough. I turned everything off. Music. Cell Phone. Computer. "Stuff." In fact, I didn't turn my phone on again until this morning (with the exception of sending one text message). In regards to the TV - I did watch part of the Chargers game. It's my duty as a man to watch football.

And you know what?
It was awesome.
Seriously.

I read C.S. Lewis' The Great Divorce, Rob Bell's Sex God, and started a book called Starving Jesus. All of which are awesome. I guess I like reading or something. Weird.

I spent time thinking. Meditating. Slowing. Stopping. Shutting my "life" off. Just leaving myself... and God. Making room, and time, for Him to speak.

Plus, the Chargers won.

1 comment:

misty said...

really good idea. i think i may do the same here in the near future!